The AEA framework development is guided by the following 8 principles:
- Accessibility: ease of use.
- Modularity: encourages module creation, sharing and reuse.
- Openness: easily extensible with third-party libraries.
- Conciseness: conceptually simple.
- Value-driven: drives immediate value.
- Low entry barriers: leverages existing programming languages and web protocols.
- Safety: safe for the user (economically speaking).
- Goal-alignment: seamless facilitation of users' preferences and goals.